Tuesday, October 10, 2006

weeknights and weekends

music currently playing - Ani Difranco - knuckle down
mood - indifferent
tasklist - get motivated

Today is a day for blog updating, bank account opening, shopping, rehearsals and avoiding nutella... don't ask.

I had a bit of a crazy weekend. Friday night was a big party that dwindled quickly at the hostel - HAPPY BIRTHDAY MEGS and JINNY and damn you IWONA for not saying goodbye... going to miss you. And to Yola, Goisha and Kamilla as well - Good luck in Poland.

Then Saturday I went to the Rickshaw Stop (I think) for this event called Rebel Girl which was spectacular. Kris and I went for the band Origami, which were great as usual. They are this kind of modern/contemporary rock B52's style - it's kind of strange to explain. I had a bit of a serendipitous encounter at Rebel Girl which may or may not be explained further at a later date. Then sunday I went to a 'job interview' at 6pm which was actually Rafaella training me for a job, which may fall through. Who knows! But after work I got fed the most awesome gnocchi, wine and gelato... omg it was goooood. Go to STEPS OF ROME - NOW! It's on Columbus Ave in North Beach. Really good people work there and the food is amazing.

It was really crowded at North Beach on Saturday and Sunday for Fleet Week - the 60th Anniversary of the US Navy Blue Angels. All week we've had the B-2's and the F-117A's flying over the city creating noise. One even flew so close to my building I thought it would crash into it for sure. All the navy guys and girls come into wander arounds the streets. On Sunday night I got told some guy loved me and some other random Italian guy was trying to take me back to his place. He was at least 45 and a good one foot shorter than I was... uh no. But Raph and I met up with some friends and had a couple of wines and a good conversation before I headed home exhausted and ready to crash.

That's been my weekend. During the week I have about 40 hours at university which is tiring and annoying. I spend most of my time in the creative arts building working on a show as Assistant Stage Manager.

THIS WEEKEND IS THE DRESDEN DOLLS!! FRIDAY THE 13TH!!!
I can not wait - counting down the days, hours and minutes until I see them!


Okay... I'm going to sit back down and compose myself. Just a tad excited about my favourite band coming to where I live... you know... nothing too major.

Right I am off to stop procrastinating further and maybe get some work done.

Luv Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home