Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Root Beer and Ice Cream

Last night I went to the market with Kris and Mary (who work at the hostel) to get Ben and Jerry's and root beer... I'd never had root beer and I believe it's kind of the like vegemite of America. They all did the "oh, you've never had root beer?" and were pretty shocked I didn't even know what it tastes like. So we purchased the most insane amount of ice cream and the root beer and headed back to make these things called 'floats' which is the American name for a 'spider'. I can now say I have had root beer and it's kind of like Sars but worse. So instead I munched down on the Ben and Jerry's which is amazing. There are sooo many flavours and my favourite is the mint chocolate with HUGE biscut (or cookie) chunks in it.

I'm finding the language thing hillarious! I still call my flip flops thongs, A jumper is a sweater, softdrink is soda, and giveway (in driving) is yield... It's not really a problem until you realise that's it's not the accent that's confusing the American but the word.

I had the first uni class today and my lecturer for Principals of Directing is insane. He is so overly passionate and it's kind of scary in a way. The passion is realeased in a flow of spit and jumpy movements around the room. When we were doing this one excercise he was waving his hands around like a conductor while we were pretending to skip and repeat the sentence, "Sharper than a serpents tooth is to have a thankless child". It was hillarious, and I fail to see how it all connects soon but I'll stick it through for a while and see if it gets any clearer.

I'm off to go check out more classes and what not and then head down to this party in the hostel... have fun.

Luv Robyn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home