Saturday, October 28, 2006

lazy Saturday morning...

Hey Everyone.

Having a lazy Saturday morning before I go to work... doing some labour work fixing up another hostel around the corner from me. I have to work with all boys - euck this is going to be fun.
What's new. I did an assignment yesterday for my Stage Management class and got an A which I am stoked about. I was really nervous about opening a show and calling cues but it all worked out after I got through some of the rocky bumps. It's really daunting to think that if you miss a cue in a real show and not just an assignment then you could really mess things up for the whole performance. I pulled through like a champ.

Tuesday is Halloween and everyone is getting into it. There are a thousand crazy parties going on around San Francisco and San Francisco does crazy well. Everynight this weekend there is either a masquerade ball, some exotic erotic turn up in nothing party, scary costume party and things I care not to think about. I still don't get Halloween but it seems like fun. I'm off to the 'hippie' area of town called Haight Ashbury tomorrow to find an outfit in a thrift store somewhere. I remember my lame attempts at Halloween costumes at home but they won't fly here. I can't wait until Tuesday night when the BIGGEST parties happen - particulary at Castro (the GLBT district of town) where thousands of people gather in the streets and you see some of the most elaborate drag queens and kings and all the rest. For sure it'll be very wild and funny - I'll take photos.

I've been hitting some hurdles while I am here with bankcards, stolen goods, finances and timetables but things seem to be settling. I am currently in discussions with Jane about skipping Europe and doing some of Asia and then coming home via Thailand. It'll be the end of summer and I think a nice to go... but then I don't think south east Asia ever stops being hot.

I don't know if I have told you more about the exploring of San Francisco. This place is very hilly and I am trying to tell you Laurie that it's way hillier than St Lucia. Let me prove you this with a few examples fwith my handy dandy google skills.




This here is prime example of a hill. See how steep it is! This is Taylor St I believe - which i've walked. Down below is Fisherman's wharf and in the distance is Alcatraz.











If there is one thing that San Franciscans seem to have got done pat is reverse parking on these hills. I don't think this is one driving act I'd ever attempt trying at home. Interesting parking rules they have here too... apparently you can 'bump' the car in front and behind you to park. And i've seen cars hit a few times before a driver squeezes the last of his car to leave only half a metre spare front and back.


And last but certainly not least is the infamous California St which is two blocks up from where I live. Also has my shopping centre Calafoods on it.




This one hurts to walk...

So my calves are now solid and I'm just that bit fitter than I was when I left Brisbane which is awesome. It's all practice for trekking in SE Asia.

I'm off since it's already got to that point of the day where I have to go and be one of the boys and prove my inner masculine by hammering and grunting (although mine will be for pain). But the up side of it all is pay!

Signing off.

P.S. Nana - I've been told you've been following my little adventure since I started. Thank you and I love you. Hope you're keeping well. I should try and update more often...

P.P.S. Aunty Karen - I have a collection of two magnets for you. I'll send them to you once I'm back in Aus... postage will kill me.

P.P.P.S. Shereen - where the ell on earth are you. TALK TO ME!!!

P.P.P.P.S. A reminder I am slowly adding all my photos to my flickr account which can be easily accessed via the link on the right hand side of this page.

xox Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home